Monday, March 18, 2013

An Ode to My iPhone: Cracked


100 pieces. Approximately 100 cracks in my iPhone. It all happened one day while I was running. Harmlessly running. I stopped to fix my hair and set my phone in my sports bra strap. I’m not one of those fancy runners with a iPod or iPhone holder. I just hold my phone. Before I could even take my pony-tail out, my phone fell to its death.

            I drop my phone all the time: at school, at home, in the car. Never had I imagined that my phone could be like the other phones I see that have cracked. You see, people with iPhones are like kids who have sugar. They just can’t stop.

            A year ago, I had a blackberry. I mean, who even has those anymore. My whole world changed when I got my iPhone. Music became easier to find, social networks were in the palm of my hand, maps were laid out for me and I could even talk to my phone. Siri loves me.

            My phone and I are kind of in a relationship. It’s the last thing I see at night and the first thing I see in the morning. It even wakes me up, which is kind of annoying; Kind of like a relationship sometimes. 

            I’ve grown to love my iPhone, however. So much so, that the day it cracked, I almost wanted to cry. Friends shared their condolences with me. One friend even said he was praying.

            The life of this phone is about to come to an end. I’m fortunate enough to be able to get it fixed. We’ve shared some great memories though. Just like those stuffed animals we all have grown out of because of wear and tear, I’m afraid this iPhone is about to share the same fate.

            It’s been a great year phone. I’ll always remember my first love.  




Disclaimer: This is written in a completely sarcastic tone and over dramatized. I do love my phone but it’s really not the end of the world.



Real life conversation 

The fate of my phone 

1 comment: